Safely and easily trade NFTs with anyone, for free
There's no trading fee (just pay gas), and trades are peer-to-peer, verified and guaranteed by smart contracts on-chain – we use Seaport Protocol. Both parties can review before signing and executing the trade, and trades can be revoked or canceled at any time before execution.
How it works
Sign into ampule.io with your crypto wallet
View trades on your wallet dashboard
Create a new trade
Accept or Reject a trade
Does ampule charge fees? (no, ampule is completely free!)
You may see a "Royalty" fee percentage taken out of swaps that include a liquidity token (like ETH or MATIC) but that is a Creator Royalty calculated for the NFTs included in the swap -- 100% of that fee goes to the creator/artist of the NFT, ampule is totally free to use.
Does ampule only support Ethereum and Polygon?
When do I have to pay gas fees?
- When you create a trade, the message you sign granting Seaport access to transfer the collections/contracts specified in your trade has to be deployed on-chain. The message containing the actual trade is not deployed until the counterparty signs.
- When you receive and execute an open trade created by someone else, you may need to sign multiple messages that need to be deployed (see question below about multiple messages).
- If you created a trade and want to cancel it, you may need to pay gas to ensure the trade cannot be executed.
Why do I have to sign multiple messages to create or complete a trade?
- the first grants the Seaport smart contract permission to transfer tokens in your wallet (NFTs or fungible crypto tokens) for a specific token contract or NFT collection; this gets deployed on-chain immediately and requires gas fees
- the second Seaport signature contains the details of this specific transaction, what assets you're sending and what you expect to receive in return; this only gets deployed when all parties have signed, so only the last wallet to sign deploys it and pays gas
If you're an active trader and have already granted Seaport permission to the collections in a transaction, you may only need to sign the second type of message detailing the specific transaction because Seaport already has your permission. Alternatively, if your trade includes assets on multiple chains, you may need to sign more than two messages so they can be deployed on multiple chains.
What tokens are supported on ampule? (NFTs and certain native/ERC20 tokens)
We are also open to adding more community tokens, so if your community is using a token and you think they'd want to be able to use it in swaps, feel free to message @MrCrabdad on Twitter/X to get your Polygon or Ethereum ERC20 token added to ampule! Or, if you would like to get your NFT project a "verified" checkmark on ampule, feel free to reach out :)
Because we support ALL NFTs, please always make sure the assets offered by someone else are genuine/authentic, as it is unfortunately easy to create counterfeit NFTs. Fortunately with fungible tokens, because we manually verify and add new tokens manually, you can be confident fungible tokens are always authentic. With that said, being able to swap a token on ampule is NOT an endorsement of the token, we just want users to be able to swap safely and easily. Please always do your own research and make informed decisions.
Does ampule enforce creator royalties? (YES! Always.)
Royalties in swaps can be a bit complicated, so we came up with a new solution for calculating them. Royalties are only collected when a liquidity or "fungible" token (like ETH/WETH or MATIC) is included in a swap because when trading NFT-NFT there is no way to take a royalty percentage out. When you do include fungiible tokens, we will charge royalties based on the NFTs selected on the other side of the swap. We determine the "sale price" by dividing the total fungible token amount by the number of NFTs on the opposite side, and then take each NFT's royalty out of that amount.
For example, if you wanted to swap your friend 3WETH and a Gen K NFT in exchange for 3 NFTs from them -- let's say you want one of their Reddit Avatar with a 5% royalty, a y00t with a 3.33% royalty, and a Pluto Misfit with a 5% royalty -- Gen K would not recieve a royalty because there is no liquidity on the opposite side, but the "sale price" of the Reddit Avatar, y00t, and Pluto Misfit would be 1WETH each (3WETH divided by 3 NFTs) and their royalty amounts would be 0.05WETH (5% of 1), 0.0333WETH (3.33% of 1) and 0.05WETH, respectively.
Royalties are automatically included in all swaps and are always enforced.
Can trades be canceled or expire?
Wallet Size Limits
We are working to build a system that can handle larger wallets, and will roll this feature out as soon as possible. As a relatively small and agile team, we didn't have the resources to include this in our first launch but we have big plans for the future! Including hiring more builders :)